Need HELP pursuing employment, housing, or education?
We might be able to assist you in obtaining one or more of the following:
- State ID
- Birth Certificate
- School Transcripts
- Drivers License ($20 fee)
- Bus Passes (available only on the first Wednesday of each month for the first ten people)
Hours we can assist these needs:
Wednesdays only, 9 AM-noon, and 1-3 PM
- Applicants must provide a phone number where they can dependably be reached over the next 2-3 weeks.
- Out of state birth certificate request forms must be completed at time of request. A valid state photo ID is required to submit request form.
- When an application is approved, applicant will be contacted by phone to schedule an appointment to recieve voucher withing 1-2 weeks of application date.
- During the voucher pick up appointment, applicant will meet with a ministry volunteer for prayer and discipleship guidance.
Need a meal, clothing, medical help, or other such needs?
Loaves & Fish is a weekly feeding ministry of FUMC that meets each Saturday morning. If you are in need, we provide a free hot meal, food pantry, worship service, educational help, a clothing room, and a medical clinic. All of these ministry helps are available on the lower level of our campus. Enter from the back covered entrance (across from Peoria Public Library). An elevator is available for those with accessibility needs.
Alive Worship - 10:30 AM
Meal & Food Pantry - 11:30 AM-1 PM
* Financial help may be available for prescriptions. All persons inquiring about financial assistance for prescriptions will need to bring a prescription and ID to the medical clinic.
Clothing Room - 11:30 AM-1 PM
* The clothing room is only open on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month.
Need other types of help?
If you are in need of other types of assistance, we recommend dialing 211. This is a confidential help line that can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Among the help they may be able to provide:
- Food, shelter, and utility assistance
- Physical and mental health services
- Job training and financial assistance
- Home-delivered meals
- Childcare and after-school programs
- And more